Mount Royal Station was originally built in 1896 as a B&O passenger train station. In the mid-1960s MICA purchased Mount Royal Station and creatively renovated the historic structure to house the College's Rinehart School of Sculpture, auditorium, library, gallery, and studios. Since then, another set of renovations and restructuring has taken place, creating in 2005 the Mount Royal Station as we know it today. Today's Mount Royal Station houses the Middendorf Gallery, Rinehart School of Sculpture, and studio and classroom space for the foundation, interdisciplinary sculpture, and fiber departments. Mount Royal Station's facilities for students include a metalworking foundry, weaving loft with large-scale looms, dye kitchen, and silkscreen exposure unit.
1400 Cathedral St, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA